The overall goal of the DORA project is to optimise and reduce the total travel time, taking into account origins and final destinations of the travels (home, office, hotels …) of air passengers and make sure that even in case of land traffic disruptions, critical situations and congestions at airports the passengers arrive at the airport in time to complete all necessary clearance procedures before boarding the plane and after landing at the destination airport
The DORA project designs and establishes a seamless and integrated information system that helps passengers optimise travel time from the origin of a trip to the airplane at the departing airport as well as from the arrival airport to their final destination. Accordingly, the DORA integrated information system, which is created within the project together with necessary software platforms and end user applications, focuses on the reduction of the overall time needed for a typical European air travel including the time required for the transfer to and from the airports. In addition to the added value of travel optimisation the integrated solution will provide a single point of visualization of the overall trip relieving travellers from the need to collect information manually from different and heterogeneous sources (public transport schedules, ticket, maps) and trying to make sense of them.
To ensure this the DORA system will provide mobile, seamless, and time optimised route recommendations for travels to the airport and time optimised routing within the airports, leading the passengers through terminals to the right security checkpoints and departure gates. DORA will integrate all necessary real time information on disruptions in the land transport environments and on incidents within the airport terminals to provide the fastest route alternatives, ensuring the accessibility of airport and airplane at any time in accordance with individual passengers’ requirements. The DORA system will be designed in a generic way and provide software development templates and open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to ensure that it can be widely adopted independently from passengers and airports locations.
The DORA system will be a seamless solution through considering scheduled and real time services of
- all terminal proceedings (luggage belt, security gate, departure gates)
- all flight connections
- all urban transport modes (car, public transport, bike, walk)
- all urban flexible service provider (car sharing, bike sharing, taxi, car rental)
The DORA system will be an integrated solution through considering one single system for
- door-to-door journey planning (App and Web-GUI)
- booking and ticketing for land-side transport (car- and bike sharing, public transport)
- guidance and navigation (disruptions, re-routing)
- strategic compliance (with static and dynamic control strategies of operator and municipalities)
- personalized services (routing and navigation criteria, mobility constraints)
The DORA system will provide added European value with
- software development kits for easy implementation of technical solutions in 3rd party systems